Friday, July 15, 2011

Dance, I Say!

                Sorry for the lack of update yesterday, guys! I was up quite late last night because I went clubbing for the first time last night! And it was in England. This fact is still enough to blow mind! I believe the club was called Lola Lo. Their trademark was Hawaiian pin-up girl and the interior was decorated like a tiki shack with random Easter Island-type statues in the halls leading to the various dance floors. Here is a poster taken from the dj's website (with a link below).

http://www.fatpoppadaddys.com/brands/lets-kill-disco/

                A group of seven of us went--my friends Erin, Lauren, Angel, Nate, Tyler, Jordan, and myself--with this British couple we met at Gonville and Caius' pub The Buttery. The couple (whose names I didn't catch) actually showed us where the club was, which is only a few blocks from the college. We met them as we were playing cards in the pub, rather loudly I might add; it's a good thing it was only us and the couple in there. They ended up playing with us for awhile and then they decided to show us to Lola Lo.

                I had such a good time! It was incredibly hot and crowded but it was wonderful to let off some steam after a day of classes. It would definitely be worth going back.

                I'll write back more later about classes and today's adventures later tonight, but at the moment, a nap sounds mighty fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment